ALR Industries’ HUMAPRO® -VS- STEAK
In order to give everyone a better understanding of the health benefits of HumaPro®, we at ALR Industries wanted to put together a side-by-side comparison of the nutritional information for both.
We used T-Bone Steak (1) and just 1 serving of HumaPro®; (5 tabs OR 1 scoop of HumaPro® powder).
The numbers don’t lie:
- Look at the high amount of calories and fat that a steak contains compared to HumaPro®.
- But here’s the fun part — Look at the difference in the amount of protein that is actually utilized by the body. You’d THINK a steak would be all the protein you need for a meal right? Well, you’d have to eat NOT 8 oz., but 12oz. of steak (so now you’ve got 50% MORE calories and fat too!) just to get the SAME amount of utilized protein from ONE serving of HumaPro®!
- Just think of how much more healthier food you can eat to make up that calorie deficit! And if you’re dieting, this makes life MUCH easier for you!
|One Serving = 8 oz steak (raw)||One Serving = HumaPro®|
|50.09g @ 32% absorption, TOTAL USABLE PROTEIN = 16.02g||1 scoop HumaPro® is Equivalent to 25g whole food protein, @ 99% absorption, TOTAL USABLE PROTEIN = 24.75g|
I’m sure many of you love steak…However… Not only is there too much fat in the meat, it’s the wrong kind. Nearly half the fat in red meat is the artery-clogging, saturated type. Beef fat is more saturated than poultry fat because the bacteria in the ruminant stomach of cattle hydrogenate, or saturate, the fats in the plants that cows eat. It’s like having a fat factory inside the food source. Sounds yummy, doesn’t it? In addition, not only are the fats in meat unhealthy, meat proteins have also recently come under fire. Recent evidence suggests that animal proteins increase blood cholesterol levels, while plant proteins decrease them. (2)
PROTEIN ITSELF DOES NOT ACTUALLY HAVE CALORIES — ITS METABOLIC WASTE DOES.
- When there is an excess of protein/amino acids being metabolized, those excess amino acids are converted to blood sugar (glucose) through a metabolic process called Gluconeogenesis.
- In reference to whole food proteins, the average amount of amino acids converted to blood sugar is between 47-60%.
- Most whole food proteins provide approximately 4.0 calories per gram due to protein waste converting to sugar in your body. The waste by-products from excess amino acids converting to sugars are: ammonia, uric acid & urea.
- When the body skips the digestive process, as it does with HumaPro® (it is pre-digested) & directly absorbs the specific ratio complete protein EAA matrix in HumaPro®, there is an average of only 1% waste to make blood sugar. Therefore a single gram of HumaPro® has been shown in studies to provide only 0.004 calories and a full serving (5 tabs or 1 scoop) has only an average of 0.02 calories.
HumaPro® Quick Reference Points:
* 100% vegan friendly: NO animal, dairy or soy products
* Gluten, lactose, sugar, sodium & preservative free
* Contains 0.02 calories per serving (5 tabs or 1 scoop)
* 100% pre-digested, no bloating or gastric discomfort
* 99% utilized by the body
* Medically reviewed & clinically studied
As always, please feel free to post or send a private message on the
ALR FAN PAGE
(https://www.facebook.com/alrfanpage) with any questions you may have, we’re always happy to answer!
1) Nutritional information from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference Release 27: 13235, Beef, short loin, t-bone steak, bone-in, separable lean only, trimmed to 1/8″ fat, choice, raw)
2) The China Study, page 72 – 78
[sk_button color=”000066″ target=”_” href=”https://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=MuscleFoodsUSA&loc=en_US”]Like what you’ve read? Click here to subscribe to this blog![/sk_button]
Looking to carry ALR Industries’ Huma Pro in your sports nutrition store give? Give us a call at 877-444-4872 or fill out our Contact Form.